Ascension Providence Hospital Mission Statement
The Continuing Medical Education Program at Ascension Providence Hospital mission is to:
- Enhance the delivery of quality patient care by providing CME on the latest developments in medical knowledge and technology.
- Develop CME activities that address opportunities for improvements in patient care and physician performance.
- The primary target audience for the Providence program of continuing medical education is the medical staff of Ascension Providence Hospital.
- Continuing Medical Education courses and conferences for physicians in Southeastern Michigan in the specialties of primary care and selected medical sub-specialties.
Types of Activities Provided
- Regularly Scheduled Series (RSS) CME activities provided through clinical departments and sections to meet the identified needs of the respective physicians and consist primarily of lectures, case presentations and small group discussions.
- Courses and conferences to address the education needs and interest of primary care and physician specialist in Southeastern Michigan and consist primarily of lectures, case presentations and small group discussions.
- Enhancement of the quality of patient care
- Physician informed of state of the art medical knowledge and technology