Ascension Providence Hospital Benefits and Stipends
There are many factors enjoyed by trainees at Ascension Providence Hospital which will contribute to your successful training. They include:
- Full-time faculty dedicated to learning.
- Favorable faculty-to-resident ratios.
- More opportunity for individual, hands-on training.
- Less competition for interesting cases.
- Substantial operating time for surgical sub-specialties.
- High volume and variety of pathologies.
- Collegial working relationship between faculty and residents.
- Excellent medical library.
- Research facilities and personnel to support scholarly activity requirements.
- An emphasis of wellness to improve your quality of life.
- Low ratio of beds to residents.
- Reasonable call schedule.
- Up to one week protected conference time.
- Three weeks vacation.
- Two health care options with dependent coverage
- House staff organization
- Dental care insurance options with dependent coverage
- Vision care coverage
- On-call meal stipend for in-house call
- Tax health care & childcare reimbursement account
- Financial advising for student loans
- Long term disability insurance
- Full medical malpractice liability coverage
- Lab coats provided & laundered
- Paid vacation & conference time
- Computer facilities available
- Book allowance for all residents
- Research workshops provided
- First Post Graduate Year = $50,459
- Fourth Post Graduate Year = $52,949