Medical Student Programs
Ascension Providence Hospital: A National Leader Year After Year
As a community-based, teaching system, Ascension Providence Hospital merges compassion and patient-centered care with university expertise and treatment. Through our affiliation with Ascension Southeast Michigan we’re among the largest providers of inpatient care in Michigan and the largest employers in metro Detroit. We also belong to Ascension Health, the nation’s largest Catholic and non-profit health system.
Ascension Providence Hospital is a clinical campus for third year medical students from the Michigan State University College of Human Medicine and College of Osteopathic Medicine, and for the American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine. Students from these schools must notify their medical school if they are interested in being placed at Ascension Providence Hospital for core rotations. Selection of students is determined by each school.
Our team in Southfield and Novi includes more than 1,400 physicians, 4,600 nurses and associates, 900 volunteers, 180 medical residents and fellows. Together they provide award-winning care in over 50 specialties. Recent honors include:
- Named a National 100 Top Hospital six times by Truven Health Analytics™.
- Ranked as one of Michigan’s top three hospitals for surgical outcomes by Consumer Reports.
- Honored 12 times as a Truven 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospital.
- Recognized as a Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care, Hip and Knee Replacement, and Spine Care.
- Recognized by a national grading organization as a Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence in various specialties.
- Included by Becker’s Hospital Review among its 2014-15 100 hospitals and health systems with great heart programs and its 100 hospitals with great neurosurgery and spine programs.
- Graded ‘A’ for safety by the Leapfrog Group.
Our facilities include:
- Ascension Providence Hospital, Southfield Campus
- Ascension Providence Hospital, Novi Campus
- Providence Pavilion, Southfield
- Providence Cancer Center, Southfield
- Providence Park Outpatient Center, Novi
- Assarian Cancer Center, Novi
- The Kenneth, Sr., and Mary Elliott and Family Breast Care Center, Novi
- Ascension Providence Hospital Health Center at Northwestern Hwy.
- Mission Health Medical Center, Livonia
Basim Dubaybo, M.D.
Designated Institutional Officer/ Director of Medical Education
Ascenion Providence Hospital
16001 W. 9 Mile Rd. Fisher Building, 4th floor
Southfield, MI. 48075