Poster Printing Timeline
Effective July 1, 2017
1. Primary authors (residents, fellows and others) wishing to have a scientific poster printed will use the St. John Providence health system poster template, either case report or research, found on the website (scroll to the bottom for downloads): http://medicaleducationsjp.com/medical-education-at-providence-providence-park-hospital/research/poster-presentations
2. When designing a poster consider this - our poster printer paper is three feet wide. The mounting board available at your meeting may be 4x8 feet but you will not want to create a poster that size. It is too difficult to transport. The size of our template is 3x4 feet, the most common format printed.
3. Posters must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 2 weeks prior to the pick up date. Primary authors should include meeting name and date, date needed, email and phone contact information when submitting.
4. Research Department Data Entry Clerk, Linda Matenky, will send an email acknowledging receipt of poster with her contact information. She will download and save the posters in the appropriate folder within: U:\SJPH\MA\PHYSIO\MEDIA-MEDICAL EDUCATION PROGRAMS
5. Linda will forward posters on to Dr. Jeff Flynn, or designated reviewer, for scientific review. The reviewer will return the poster to the primary author via email with updated versions saved in the same folder as previous ones.
6. Dr. Nancy Jackson, Dr. Flynn and Nicole Bolda (in that order) also have access to the email@example.com inbox and can download and process posters when needed (steps 4&5).
7. The primary author will make the changes and return the poster to the reviewer.
8. The reviewer will send the final version to firstname.lastname@example.org for printing.*
9. The poster will be printed and may be picked up at the Research Office (7am-4pm Monday-Friday).
10. Linda will send an email to the primary author, all co-authors and the program director with an attachment containing the final version of the poster.
*Reviewers, as available, in this order, can give final approval for poster printing: Dr. Flynn and Dr. Jackson.
Checklist for primary authors:
- Correct poster template used
- Send 2 weeks prior to date needed for meeting
- Email to email@example.com includes :
- Meeting name
- Meeting date
- Primary author best email contact
- Primary author best phone contact
- Department of primary author
- Date needed