Ascension St. John Hospital Career Shadowing for Applicants
Your Career Shadowing Experience
As an applicant to the School of Radiologic Technology, you are required to complete a minimum six-hour shadowing experience. The purpose of this career shadowing is to give you an idea of a radiologic technologist's job duties as well as the opportunity to ask questions of current students in the program.
How to set up your career shadowing appointment
Call the School of Radiologic Technology at (313) 343-4544 to schedule your appointment. Your shadowing experience will be scheduled between 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. Monday - Friday.
The day of your career shadowing appointment
- Follow the signs to the Main Hospital Entrance.
- Park in the North parking lot.
- Enter the hospital through the Main Entrance (Van Elslander Pavilion) and check in with the receptionist in main Radiology and announce that you are here for a shadowing experience..
What to wear the day of your shadowing experience:
- Appropriate attire is essential to get the most from your shadowing experience
- Dress slacks and a dress shirt with comfortable shoes
- Colored or patterned scrubs may be worn with comfortable shoes
- A lab coat is recommended but not required
Do NOT wear jeans, sweatshirts, t-shirts or shirts with logos, open-toed shoes or high heels.