Please read below for information on requesting a medical student elective rotation at Providence-Providence Park Hospital:
- Students from Michigan State College of Osteopathic Medicine may apply for electives at Providence-Providence Park Hospital through our online rotation request form and upon approval from us, submit through their school's online Kobiljak System.
- Students from Michigan State University College of Human Medicine may request electives at Providence-Providence Park Hospital through their Community Administrators.
- Students in good standing from LCME-accredited and AOA-accredited schools in the United States and Canada may apply for a Neurosurgery elective at Providence-Providence Park Hospital through the Visiting Student Application Service (VSAS) found under this name: Michigan State University CHM-SE Michigan Campus
- Students from American University of the Caribbean, St. George's University School of Medicine, Saba University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Medicine may apply for elective rotations at Providence-Providence Park Hospital using our online rotation request application. Students from American University of the Caribbean are the only students allowed to participate in the preclerkship Ambulatory Transition rotation at Providence-Providence Park Hospital.
- If you do not attend one of the above-named schools, we will not be able to assist you with an elective rotation at our site.
ELECTIVE ROTATION POLICIES:
- Students must have approval from their medical school to take requested elective rotations at Providence-Providence Park Hospital.
- Visiting students may complete a total of 3 rotations at our site. Demand for rotations is high and we would like to give as many students as possible the ability to rotate here.
- Online applications for the next academic year are accepted beginning May 1st. Our academic year starts on July 1st and ends on June 30th.
- Any cancellations or changes to scheduled rotations must be made at least 30 days before the rotation is due to start. Frequent changes or cancellations of rotations by a student may result in our refusal to schedule further rotations at our site. Failure to show up for a rotation is considered unprofessional behavior and we reserve the right to cancel any other rotations for that student at Providence-Providence Park Hospital
Please find a brief description of each of our elective rotations below.
- Advanced Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular ICU
- Complementary Medicine
- Critical Care Medicine
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine Outpatient (Residency)
- Family Medicine Outpatient (Residency-South Lyon)
- Family Medicine Inpatient (Residency)
- Family Medicine Sub-Internship (Residency)
- Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery (FPMRS)
- Geriatrics/Palliative Care
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Infectious Disease
- Internal Medicine Sub-Internship
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Sub-Internship
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Pain Medicine
- Plastic Surgery
- Psychiatry Sub-Internship
- Sports Neurology
Application for Senior Electives
- Online Application *Requests for the next academic year will be accepted from May 1st- May 31st. Application requests will be unavailable starting June 1st and will reopen once all prior requests have been processed.*
For questions pertaining to electives, please contact our Lead Student Coordinator at:
Erin Holt, BAA
Lead Student Coordinator
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 248-849-5665
*email is the preferred contact method*