We are a fully ACGME accredited program and are no longer affiliated with the AOA. We are participating in the allopathic residency match for 2019 through ERAS, but will still consider DO applicants if they are also participating in the allopathic match. Applications must be submitted through ERAS.
Please submit your application through ERAS by November 1, 2019. The selection committee reviews applications on a holistic basis. Careful attention will go to your letters of recommendation, which will carry more weight if written by a neurosurgeon. Both COMLEX and USMLE scores will be accepted, and while there is no minimum set, your scores will be compared to the other applicants.
Providence-Providence Park Hospital will ONLY accept J-1 visas or U.S. Citizens. This is an institutional policy and cannot be negotiated. International medical graduates meeting these requirements are encouraged to apply.
Our interview days for the 2019 match will be December 7, 8, and 9, 2019. If invited for an interview, you will need to attend one of the aforementioned days. A Meet-n-Greet dinner will take place on Saturday, December 8th, 2019. This will be an opportunity to mingle with the current residents and faculty in a more relaxed atmosphere and is NOT a required part of your interview.
Please feel free to contact the program coordinator should you have other questions regarding the application process.
Lauren O'Neill, MBA email@example.com Phone: 248-849-3403
Program Length/Available Positions
- Program Length: 7 years including Internship
- First Year Positions: 2
- Total Number of Positions: 14
- Dean’s Letter from the College of Medicine attending
- Internship Letter from the Director of Medical Education of the Training Hospital (if applicable)
- Minimum of Three (3) Physician References from staff members at the hospital where the applicant interned or rotated as a student.
- Medical School Transcripts
- National Board Scores (Parts I)
- Undergraduate/Medical School Achievements
- Letters of Reference
- USMLE/COMLEX Scores
- Personal Interview
Select one of the following pages to learn more about the Neurosurgery Program: