Benefits and Compensation
Our residents are hired on as full-time hospital staff with a salary dependent upon post-graduate year (PGY):
Research, Educational, and Professional Development Funds
- Residents and fellows who have been accepted for oral or poster presentation at a conference are funded up to $2000 per academic year.
- Institutional grants up to $7,500 per resident project conditional to fulfillment of specific conditions
- Publication assistance has a maximum reimbursement limit of $1,000.
- Educational funds are provided for all residents and fellows, and increase each year depending on the year of residency and specific needs of the program.
The following items are types of purchases that are approved education-related expenses:
- Educational software
- Educational webinars
- Board review material
- Conference and travel
- Professional membership fees
- Application & professional liability fees for outside electives
- Educational devices (computers, laptops, iPads, hard drives)
- Step III exam fees (allowed by select programs)
The following insurance benefits are available to all residents:
- Malpractice coverage provided by the hospita
- Medical, dental, vision insurance plans with dependent coverage
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment
- Associate and family life insurance
- Group legal plan
Vacation and ConferenceAll residents receive three (3) weeks of paid vacation and one (1) week of paid educational conference time per contract year
Other BenefitsOur residents enjoy a variety of benefits while practicing as a resident. These include paid sick time, personal days, meal compensation, board exam reimbursement, and other benefits found in the Detailed Benefits Document below.