Ascension Providence Hospital Human Trafficking Webinar
In December 2016, the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs announced revised Medical Rules. Significant changes to be aware of include:
- Training standards for identifying victims of human trafficking R 338.2413 – This is a one-time training that is separate from continuing education. Licensees renewing for 2017 must complete training by renewal in 2020; renewals for 2018 by 2021, and renewals for 2019 by 2022. Beginning in 2021, completion of the training is a requirement for initial licensure.
Marianne Ben-Hamza from the MSMS provided an excellent Human Trafficking Webinar available to both members and non-members. Also, please review the updated CME guidelines that came out in January from the Board of Medicine.
Human Trafficking Requirements
Training content shall cover all of the following:
1. Understanding the types and venues of human trafficking in this state or the United States.
2. Identifying victims of human trafficking in health care settings.
3. Identifying the warning signs of human trafficking in health care settings for adults and minors.
4. Resources for reporting the suspected victims of human trafficking.
- $50 MSMS Members Physicians and Office Staff
- $75 Non-Member Physicians
Earns: 1.0 CME Credits
Duration: 60 Minutes