Ascension Providence Hospital Human Trafficking Webinar
In December 2016, the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs announced revised Medical Rules. Significant changes to be aware of include:
- Training standards for identifying victims of human trafficking R 338.2413 – This is a one-time training that is separate from continuing education. Licensees renewing for 2017 must complete training by renewal in 2020; renewals for 2018 by 2021, and renewals for 2019 by 2022. Beginning in 2021, completion of the training is a requirement for initial licensure.
Marianne Ben-Hamza from the MSMS provided an excellent Human Trafficking Webinar available to both members and non-members. Also, please review the updated CME guidelines that came out in January from the Board of Medicine.
Human Trafficking Requirements
Training content shall cover all of the following:
- Understanding the types and venues of human trafficking in this state or the United States.
- Identifying victims of human trafficking in health care settings.
- Identifying the warning signs of human trafficking in health care settings for adults and minors.
- Resources for reporting the suspected victims of human trafficking.
- $50 MSMS Members Physicians and Office Staff
- $75 Non-Member Physicians
Earns: 1.0 CME Credits
Duration: 60 Minutes