Undergraduate Medical Education
Deciding and joining a medical education program is one of many important decisions you will make in your journey to becoming a physician. We are dedicated to assisting you by providing you with the knowledge and skills through our clerkship or elective programs.
Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital provides you with a variety of undergraduate programs to fit your career interest.
Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital is affiliated with Michigan State University college of Osteopathic Medicine (MSUCOM) and Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (KCUMB).
We are committed to providing students of these affiliated schools with a quality undergraduate medical education experience to fulfill your required and elective rotations. All rotations are scheduled through the Medical Education Department.
Third year core rotations are reserved for Michigan State University and Kansas City (KCSBU). Third year scheduling and student placement is determined by the university.
Fourth-year rotations are provided based on the rotations availability and approval from the program director.
Along with your application, you are required to submit the following supporting documentation:
- A criminal background check (within 1 year of rotation end date)
- Current Flu shot documentation (if your rotation falls within the official flu season from December 1 to May 1)
- Immunization records (to include MMR, hepatitis B, tetanus, and varicella)
- Proof of personal health insurance (Not Needed)
- TB test documentation within 1 year of rotation end date
- Current proof of the Certificate of Liability Insurance
- 10 Panel Drug Screen - Within 3 months of rotation
- Scrub Class verification
- Headshot Photo in JPEG Format
All students are required to complete orientation on the first day of the rotation.