Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital Ophthalmology Application Requirements
Thank you for your interest in our Ophthalmology Residency Program.
Resident interested in applying for residency must apply through SF Match. Applications are not considered unless accessible through SF Match. Applications meeting the program requirements are reviewed by the program selection committee.
Candidates selected for an interview are notified via email.
Residents accepted into the Ophthalmology program must complete their Transitional Year at Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital.
- Candidates selected for an interview are notified via ERAS. we host three full day interview dates held on Fridays in November, December, and January
- There is no minimum COMLEX or USMLE score, just that you pass each part on the first attempt.
- COMLEX Level 1, Level 2 CE & 2 PE must be taken prior to graduating from Medical School
- COMLEX Level 3 is needed by the end of your PGY1 residency
- We do NOT sponsor VISAS of any type
- IMG's must be a US Medical School Graduate
If you have questions about the program not included on the website, please contact the program.
Will see a variety of ocular pathology during their rotation and have an opportunity to spend time with our Program Director, faculty and experience the various hospitals we cover, meet residents, and see a variety of cases which will provide a great overview of our program.
For questions regarding an audition or elective request please email our Medical Student Coordinators or submit a request for audition or elective rotation.