Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital Orthopedic Applicant Requirements
Thank you for your interest in our Orthopedic Residency Program.
You must apply through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service). Applications are not considered unless accessible through ERAS. Applications meeting the program requirements reviewed by the program selection committee.
Applications meeting the program requirements are reviewed by the program selection committee.
- Medical School Transcript
- COMLEX-USA scores or USMLE scores
- Dean's Letter
- 3 LOR - Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
Candidates selected for an interview are notified via email.
Residents accepted into the Ophthalmology program must complete their Transitional Year at Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital.
- Candidates selected for an interview are notified via ERAS. we host three full day interview dates held on Fridays in November, December, and January
- There is no minimum COMLEX or USMLE score, just that you pass each part on the first attempt.
- COMLEX Level 1, Level 2 CE & 2 PE must be taken prior to graduating from Medical School
- COMLEX Level 3 is needed by the end of your PGY1 residency
- We do NOT sponsor VISAS of any type
- IMG's must be a US Medical School Graduate
Yearly stipend to cover the cost of textbooks, computer, courses, conferences and food stipend to use at all Ascension hospitals. Personalized lead apron, lead glasses, and loupes included. Ascension offers competitive salary.
If you have questions about the program not included on the website, please contact the program.
Auditioning students will accompany program residents on the joints and sports service at Ascension St. John Providence Southfield and Park. This is a very busy service averaging 40-60 cases per month with a distribution of 60% arthroplasty, 25% sports and 15% general trauma cases.
Students have a chance to spend time with our Program
Director, experience the various hospitals we cover, meet residents, and see a
variety of cases which will provide a great overview of our program.
For questions regarding an audition or elective request please email our Medical Student Coordinators or