Ascension Providence Hospital - Application Process
We participate in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). For further information regarding ERAS contact one of the following:
- your Medical School Dean's Office
- access the AAMC ERAS website
- ECFMG-ECFMG-ERAS Program, P.O. Box 13467, Philadelphia, PA 19104-3467
- access the ECFMG website
- Foreign medical graduates are accepted. U.S. clinical experience is preferred.
- Must pass USMLE or COMLEX Step 1 and Step 2 (first attempt only).
- We accept J1 visas only.
- The application deadline is November 30th for the next academic year beginning July 1st.
Residency Selection Criteria
Residents are selected by the Program Director and the Associate Program Director on the basis of achievements in undergraduate and medical school, letters of reference, scores on the USMLE examination and a personal interview. Interviews are scheduled by the Program Director from October through December. All qualified candidates are ranked in the National Resident Matching Program.