Ascension Providence Hospital Details
Program Length/Available Categorical Positions
- Program Length: 5 years
- PGY 1 Positions: 3 categorical
- Total Number of Positions: 15
Orthopaedic Surgery Residency
Categorical residents are accepted into the orthopaedic surgery residency program with the objective to complete the entire 5-year surgical program. Three categorical positions at the PGY 1 level are offered each year through the National Resident Matching Program. The program has a total of 15 categorical residents.
Criteria for Selection of Residents
Candidates are selected on the basis of achievement in undergraduate and medical school, letters of recommendation, USMLE scores, and personal interview. The selection committee consists of the program director and members of the teaching faculty. Interviews are scheduled by invitation from the program director.
We participate in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). For further information regarding ERAS contact one of the following:
- your Medical School Dean's Office
- access the AAMC ERAS website
- ECFMG-ECFMG-ERAS Program, P.O. Box 13467, Philadelphia, PA 19104-3467
- access the ECFMG website
- Foreign medical graduates are accepted. U.S. clinical experience is required for categorical applicants.
- Must pass USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 (first attempt only).
- We accept J1 visas only.
- The application deadline is October 15th for the next academic year beginning July 1st.
The orthopaedic surgery residency program at Ascension Providence Hospital is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education to offer 5 years of training in orthopaedic surgery.