Ascension St. John Hospital Salary and Benefits for Pediatric Residents
2019-2020 Resident Salaries
|PGY Level||Annual Salary|
St. John Hospital & Medical Center provides many benefits to enhance your work and teaching environment.
- Apple iPad for every resident, with bundled patient charting software
- Educational Stipend ($ 650.00 for PGY-1, $ 1490.00 for PGY-2, $ 1645.00 for PGY-3)
- Embroidered lab coats & free laundry service
- Hospital Scrubs & free laundry service
- Free covered parking for all residents
- Free lunch provided at all Noon conferences
- Meal stipend to be used at Ascension St. John Hospital Cafeteria, Brioche Café, and the Guild Coffee Shop (Starbucks)
- Resident lounge with computers, foosball table, couches, snacks, and TV
- Call-rooms with individual bathrooms
Paid Time Off
Each year, residents will be provided with 21 days paid time off to be used as vacation time, taken in one-week blocks. Three extra paid time off days are available exclusively for unscheduled absences (i.e sick time) or for fellowship/job interviews (in your PGY-2 or PGY-3 years). All paid time off requests must be submitted to the Program Director for approval a minimum of 3 months ahead of time. Additionally, holiday scheduling during the Christmas and New Year’s holiday offers residents additional paid time off.
Conferences are considered working days and not required to be used out of your paid time off. Conference travel is available to PGY-2 and PGY-3 level residents only.