Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital Family Medicine Residency
Thank you for your interest in the Family Medicine Residency program at Ascension Macomb-Oakland hospital.
The Family Medicine Residency Program at Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital was developed and designed to fulfill the purpose of creating a positive teaching and learning environment which helps to develop residents into proactive, self-directed, lifelong learners that are compassionate, competent, and qualified to care for the health concerns of society in a cost-conscious manner which is supported by evidence, guidelines, and 'best practice' information.
To provide exceptional outcomes for our patients at an affordable cost in a manner that sustains and improves the health of all individuals and communities we serve. To engage an educational system-based on continuous quality improvement which utilizes resources in a manner that advances overall and individual competency of our program and its residents. To promote physician and resident well-being and life balance, ensuring value and joy from the lifelong practice of medicine in all domains.
What we Offer
- Full accreditation with Osteopathic Recognition by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
- Comprehensive system-based learning environment working directly with a diverse patient population under the advising of faculty in the Oakland Primary Care Family Medicine Residency Clinic.
- A large Southeast Detroit Healthcare System affiliated with Michigan State University COMSCS providing multiple and varied learning experiences.
- Numerous subspeciality physicians to work alongside during rotations.
- Our graduates have achieved 100% ABFM board pass rate and employment rate.
- Board Certified Faculty.